In the program below, the nights before and after the hike are not included.
Once the hike is over, where you spend the night will depend on the rest of your program. Would you like to continue with a safari or on Zanzibar? Or will you go back home? Let us know what you would like to do so that we can suggest the most suitable itinerary for you.
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro airport to the lodge
- Private English-speaking guide during the whole trek
- Porters (on the two days trek)
- Entrance to Kilimanjaro National Park
- Huts to sleep in (on the two days trek)
- Transfer from the lodge to Kilimanjaro airport
- Booking fees
- International flights tickets
- Tourist visa for Tanzania (50$ per person)
- Hotel nights before and after the trek
- Insurance (cancellation and travel)
During this day hike, you will hike the first stage of the Kilimanjaro climb via the Marangu Route. You will start from Marangu Gate (1860m) to the first hut, Mandara Hut (2700m). Once you arrive at the camp, you will be served a picnic lunch. From there, you can either choose to go back down, or you can venture out for about 30 minutes to see the Maundi Crater which is not far away. Once you return, we will take you back to the hotel so that you can continue your program.
If you choose the two days hike, then you will also take the Marangu route. After the first day, you will spend the night at Mandara Hut. The next day you will continue your hike towards Horombo Hut. The guides will know at what time to turn around and go back down to Marangu Gate. There, our driver will be waiting to take you back to the hotel.