This is a home for bushmen. the only tribe that lives in the bush. They are also known as good hunter in this area. Gathering roots, wild fruits and tubers Meet also with blacksmith in this area where they make tools from un-used iron things like padlocks etc. making bow & arrows out of this un-used iron pieces
Can be visited all year around but the best time is from may to Dec soon after rain stop. Its so hard to drive during rain season due to rivers and terrain of the area
Things to do:
- Hunting with the bushmen early in the morning
- Visit Datooga home and sing together
- Visit the blacksmith
- See and learn on how they make arrows and knives
- How they melt pieces of iron and molding them the way they want
- Visit Onions farm: This area is famous for good onion plantation.
ACCCOMODIATION & LODGE:
- Lake Eyas safari lodge
- Kisima ngeda tented camp
- Ziwani luxury lodge
NOTE: Also, day trip can organize from Karatu to Lake Eyasi.